Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing In The New Year, Mingleverse Style

I haven’t celebrated New Year’s Eve with my parents in 11 years. There’s a time when you are not especially eager to do that every year anyway, but I somewhat miss my family. I left my home country in 1998 and made the U.S. my new home.

My parents and my family here were never able to celebrate Christmas or New Year’s Eve together. This year, we will try to bridge the gap for the first time.

We decided to use Mingleverse to connect Munich with Chicago and bring family members together on computer screens here in the U.S. and in Germany. We will have our traditional gathering here at home and add Germany via a mingle, chat and video streams. I’ll also give my fancy Bluetooth headset a try. I’ve always been the geek in the family, but it’s always special when you know you’ve found a technology that’s not just a toy, but something that can truly improve your life.

If you think about it, Mingleverse is a way that enables you to divide yourself and be in multiple places around the globe at the same time. It is fascinating how geographic distances have become almost meaningless these days. Well, with the exception of time, of course. I’ll write in the new year how the mingle went - can't wait!

- Wolfgang

If you are mingling over the year celebration as well, send us a quick note! We’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment